The Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Mohawk Valley is a non-profit organization representing the residential construction community throughout the Mohawk Valley Region. The association advocates choice in housing, economic growth, and quality of life in our region.
Home Builders Association of Mohawk Valley We build the houses you call home!
Our builder members include small, medium and large volume home builders, commercial builders, developers and remodelers. Associate members are professionals and trades people who work with and support our industry, including subcontractors, building materials suppliers, Realtors, bankers, attorneys and many others. Membership in our local association automatically includes membership in NYSBA and in NAHB.
How The Home Builders Association supports its members:
- Keeps members informed on current building industry issues that affect their businesses through regular publications, the HBRMV web site, as well as special mailings when necessary.
- Showcases HBRMV home builders and the related trades through promotional programs and events such as the annual Home Expo.
- Offers health and workers’ compensation insurance programs.
- Provides continuing education through seminars, classes and workshops.
- Provides networking opportunities to promote members’ own products and services among the membership, and encourages “members doing business with members.”
- Encourages high ethical and professional standards that reflect favorably on the industry and the Association.
- Supports the efforts of public, private and nonprofit organizations that provide job skill training to produce quality workers for the industry.
- Participates in the city, county, state and federal legislative process that enacts builder-related laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides social contacts through general membership meetings and other special events.
Luke Lewis, Lewis Custom Homes, Inc
1st Vice President:
Linda Fake, Uniquely Yours
Secretary/2nd Vice President:
Matt Keyser, I.O.A. Northeast, Inc
Al Casab, Adirondack Bank
Mark Barbato, Marand Builders and Renovators, LLC
Samuel Celia, Celia Builders, Inc.
Larry Kozlowski, L&A Builders
Joseph Putrello, Avanti Home Entertainment
Mitch Keno, Jay-K Independent Lumber Company
Molly Wadsworth, Greenscapes Landscape Company
Lindsay LaRuffa, Curtis Lumber
Mark Randell, Randell Heating & Plumbing
Tony Zalocha, Stone Age Landscaping, LLC
Dick Vetere, Vetere Designs
Mark Harjung, Erie Materials, Inc.
Bob Ryan, Kevin Fahy Kitchens, Inc.
Michael Parsons,First Source FCU
Kevin Hughes, Hughes Construction
Anthony Hallak – Felt, Evans, Panzone, Bobrow & Hallak, LLP
The State Connection
Every member of the HBRMV is also a member of the New York State Builders Association (NYSBA). NYSBA provides a wider business and political base for our membership. One primary activity is to monitor government activities that affect the home building industry.
Our National Affiliation
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), headquartered in Washington, D.C., represents the interests of home builder members throughout the country, including members of the HBRMV. It continually watches legislation and guidelines that have a national impact on the industry. Among the valuable services provided by NAHB are a computerized legal research system, a library, subscriptions to magazines, newsletters and pamphlets covering many subjects of interest to members.